Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mary Autumn's 4th B-day

On December 5th, Mary Autumn turned four! Since she has a December birthday we made her a snowman cake, which we did last year too on her 3rd birthday. On that day I looked back to when she was a tiny newborn, just brought home from the hospital. She was the only one in our family that was not born at home. The reason she wasn't was because while my mom was in labor Mary Autumn decided that she was not going to come out. She put up her elbow, which made it impossible for her to come. That really showed her personality...she is the same as she was then, determined, and headstrong. In the morning of the day Mary Autumn was born I woke up and was surprised to see, my aunt (who is the assistant), Dody (midwife), and Dearma, all there. I mean you don't usually wake up to see a bunch of relatives and friends standing there! But the minute I saw Dody there I knew what was going on. It was a pretty long birth (all day), well at least compared to Clare's birth (July 8th, 2008.) Andrea who is a cooking expert, (and loves it), immediately got on an apron and started simmering onions for soup, while setting me up dipping uncooked rolls into oil, which were to be cooked to go with the soup. By lunch time, Andrea had soup bubbling in the stove, and warm rolls cooling, ready to eat. I remember her insisting on Mama having a bowl of soup, and a roll. then by sometime between late afternoon-evening, they went to the hospital. All he kids sat down to watch the cartoon 'Lord of the Rings', until at 9:00 the phone rang... we had a new baby sister! I remember the first thing I asked was 'what color is her hair?' She is now four though and not the baby of the family any more, now we have adorable little Clare, for a baby. But I still remember the day as though it were yesterday. She is getting so big! But now I'll just sit back and watch 5 month old Clare grow up! (not that I'm that eager for her to!) : )



No comments: